Thursday 22 November 2012

Running, blogging and turning 30

Running
I went back to running yesterday night, exactly one week after the JP. I so was not in the mood for it. Infested with laziness. Assistance came in the form of a boyfriend who wanted to run and I tagged along because I was desperate to spend sometime with him. Anything to get things rolling. 

As is always the norm when I am not in the mood for running (which is like most, if not, all of the time), I tell myself that it is going to be a light one. I honestly don't think yesterday's run was a light one, but boyfriend thinks it was, at least for him. My standard is obviously different than everyone else's. 

Yesterday was also the first time we ran together again - prior to JP, I was mostly on the treadmill and he hit the waterfront. Running by the water is nice! There is something so soothing, so peaceful about it. 

The run was good. It didn't kill me, I didn't die. I came home with the WORST carb craving in weeks. Damn, it doesn't look like this thing is going to go away any time soon. 

Blogging 
I have not posted a single picture on this blog yet. It is not that I don't want to, it is more like I don't want to just post any picture. It is more like I don't have to take good pictures and then edit them (yes, I edit most of my pictures). Writing takes a lot of time, a lot more time than I thought it would take, especially since I am learning this thing called editing my own writing, which I hardly ever do for the blog previously.

Sometimes I feel like I am running out of time. Between sleeping, working, eating, running, cleaning the apartment, hanging out with friends, writing, blogging, there is hardly any time for anything else. I collapse every night from exhaustion. I woke up extra early this morning so that I can have time to write this. I don't know what life would be without coffee. 

I must admit I am rather surprised that people actually read my blog. I also wonder how many times they return, and why they do. 

Turning 30
I started freaking out again with this whole turning 30 business. I thought I was over this, I was pretty much okay with it for a while, before everything returned full force as of 10 days ago. It is like, shit, this is happening, and there is no escaping it. What the fuck happened to my twenties. 

I have never freaked out this way before - over a birthday, come on. I was excited when I turned 18 because finally I could legally enter clubs and drink alcohol (so overrated), and was even more excited when I turned 21 because hello!! It's TWENTY ONE!! I think I was a tiny little bit excited when I turned 25 (but honestly can't really remember). Actually, strike that, I have always been excited for every birthday. I give everyone advanced warning that it is coming, and I give them a wish list, which I always get, if not for my birthday, for Christmas. Yeah, I am spoiled. 

I have the most wonderful, kind people in my life. Thinking about them makes me want to cry. I am so thankful to have friends like my friends, they are so nice, so kind, so understanding. They get me. We laugh and we cry together. More importantly, they are able to tell me to snap out of things, we don't do bullshit. 

Every time I question life and everything that's in it, it always turns out that the nice people in my life end up making everything better. It is like they make life worth living. I am very lucky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.