Saturday 30 March 2013

Getting used to it

A few weeks ago...

This morning: waking up was harder than usual. I like that the weather is getting cooler, and it also means getting up is harder because all I want to do is snuggle in bed. In that split second of deciding whether to get up now or later, I think about why I want to run - because it makes me better. It gets me through the day better, I have less pain on my shoulders (still hasn't gone away), I feel better, I like myself better and therefore, I am better.

Then, I get out of my warm bed. The thought of being a better person is enough to make me forsake physical comfort. A lot of things in life is really about mind over matter.

When I first stated running, I regarded this tug-of-war of the mind as a test of willpower, and now, I think it is just a decision. Do you want to do this, or not? If you do, then do it; if you don't, then don't do it (duh!).

I have so much for respect for people who exercise regularly, those who make time to exercise, those who make time to eat well. I honestly think this is one of the secrets of a good life. I have always known that exercise is important, but for some reason, never important enough to actually do anything about it, until quite recently. It has been an exciting and terrifying journey of reinventions on many fronts, and to me, this is what life is about.

Meanwhile, I will just get used to being a runner.

Two days ago... 

I used to look forward to rest days. Now I wish I can run everyday. #runnerme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.