Sunday 10 February 2013

Thank God for painkillers

Good morning, it's Sunday. I am sitting in bed and yes, there is still pain, but the pain is significantly less than yesterday. Disclaimer: this is probably due to the fact that I just swallowed a bunch of painkillers. I know I am old and I feel like my body is giving up on me, but I don't think it is that old, you know, so I am hopeful that I am recovering in due course, and meanwhile, I am stuck here practising the virtue of patience, an art that I've been crafting since a few years ago with hardly any hope of mastering. As they said, practice makes perfect. Meanwhile I am sitting here border lining on drifting to another dimension due to overdose.

There are of course a lot of good things that arise from this pain. Like yesterday, my best friend came over and one thing led to another and I found myself being massaged by her, because she, like, loves me that much, you know. It was so fucking awesome and the relief was so good while it lasted because I haven't seen her for like a while and was busy talking to her about everything, and inevitably, some of those topics were stressful for me, so the pain returned full force and I was once again rendered useless for the afternoon. Lesson learnt. Don't talk about stressful topics. Just relax and enjoy the plethora of massages coming my way.

I mean, I get that I have to manage my stress levels and I think most of the time I sort of have it manageable. Then again, I know that there are certain things in this life that I have to make peace with for my own sake, and for these things, I still have a long way to go. For everything else, there's painkillers. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.