Wednesday 27 February 2013

Some questions answered

I find myself with a spare half hour or so and decided to write here. I know that I started the whole blog because I wanted to write more regularly (and still want to), with all the practice makes prefect blah blah blah, that hasn't happen and my excuse is so lame: life happens, I am too busy living it rather than writing about it. But today I figure out that the real issue here is that I have never pencilled in regular writing time in my calendar. I am somewhat rather too attached with my diary, so yeah go figure. Then again, I am learning, okay, so take it easy.

Anyway, I thought I might just write about a list of questions that I have been asked about the blog.

(1) How did you come up with the blog name?
Belle is my name, so it's just somewhat natural that it's gotta be there. I mean, I brainstormed a gazillion of names for the blog and ended up not liking most of them. Reinvention is a term that I am somewhat intimate with. The reason for this was a conversation that I had with people that I admire, and one of them mentioned that in this life, you have to constantly reinvent yourself. I agree with that, simply because I am of view that if we don't change, we would become stagnant, and irrelevant. So in order to stay relevant, we have to constantly evolve to the next level (whatever that maybe).

(2) Are you going to write about this on the blog?
"This" is usually some conversation that I have, whereby something is being discussed rather passionately. As I have always said, I am not going to write about it (whatever it is) unless I have asked your permission to write about it. I think this is the polite thing to do. Plus, one of my pet peeves in life is when someone quotes me out of context, which happens, quite unfortunately, intentionally or not intentionally. So this is something that I try not to do with my blog. Oh, I also prefer to write about my thoughts - you know, my blog, my thoughts, my life. Yeah.

(3) Do you like blogging? What do you like about it?
Do I like it? Yeah, I do. I like writing, so this whole thing just happens. There are days in which I have to insist on it, but once I get started I roll with it. It certainly wasn't like this with running, because there were days whereby I had to literally drag myself to run. With blogging, it was like, yeap, let's do this. No dragging. Just a question of finding time to do it - which I shall do more diligently from now on. What do I like about it? I don't know. I just do.

(4) Who in "real life" knows about you blogging?
A lot of people, actually. Most people who've found me on twitter would at some point find this blog - because I write it there. I don't go by the label "blogger" yet because I feel that term is reserved for someone who blogs for a living, and I am definitely not there yet.

(5) Will you post photos? Your photos?
Sure, why not. Here's one to end the post:



















Enjoy the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.