Tuesday 23 July 2013

The things you do to better yourself

So, I received a phone call today from the Heart Foundation (NSW), thanking me for the fundraising page that I setup for the City2Surf run.

Yes peeps, I am running the City2Surf.

Yes, it is my first time running.

Yes, I am still regretting my decision to run. Like really, seriously. I find it hard to get out of bed and train these days. I blame the cold weather.

Yes, would really love your monetary support. I am not kidding when I tell you that support and encouragement is accepted in the form of something monetary. Either that or you buy me new shoes ok. Just this time, I am willing to forgo the shoes for your support for the Heart Foundation (NSW).

I didn't expect the phone call to be quite honest. I imagine that a lot of people must be raising funds for them. They are what I call by complete strangers, I don't know anyone associated with the foundation and I quite frankly picked them out randomly.

I mean, really, the other alternative is to run for the MS foundation, again, another one picked at random. Maybe next year. I really shouldn't have said that because I do not wisht to pre-commit myself to something that I am increasingly dreading by the minute.

My bestfriend, Jo, the ever supportive loving friend that she is, is giving me $2 for every kilometer, plus a $2 tip. You can tell that she's an accountant, right? You can also tell why she's my bestfriend, yes?

Anyhoo. Click here https://city2surf2013.everydayhero.com/au/drbelle

And then click "Give Now", okay.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.