Sunday 3 November 2013

Something new

Hello.

Obviously, I have been somewhat mia from this space. Lots of things happened. Good shit. The kind that requires you to be away from your blog.

Moving on.

It has been one year since I started running and I have not given up. I think I can now safely say that I like it and that this whole running thing is not as bad as I thought it was. So is being thirty for that matter, but that's another story for another day.

In the spirit of taking up something new, you know, kind of like last year I started running, I think this year I would start cooking regularly. I mean, it makes sense right, regular exercise should be accompanied by healthy diet. Plus given that coconut oil is like taking over the world, I really have to minimise my chances of getting into an anaphylactic shock.

To those who said "but you have cooked in the past, so this is not something new" - you morons. Read the above paragraph again. And if you still don't get it, I can run before I started running regularly last year, so you're going to say that that was not new too. Puh-lease.

Of course I know how to cook. I can survive cooking random things if I absolutely have to, and people who've tasted it said that they were good. And they finished the meal. Admittedly, these people have love for me, so this feedback was very likely to be biased, but at least it was a good start, right? Right?

My favourite is to cook without a recipe. I can never replicate the same dish and I can never write down what I put in or what I did to the dish. Someone has to watch me cooking and take notes if he/she ever wants to have a repeat dish. Plus I don't generally plan my meals that well, I cook because there are things in the fridge/pantry that desperately need to be cooked else they go off. Hate wasting food, okay.

So, no, there won't be a single recipe up on this space. But there may be more food pictures on my instagram. Yep, that's where all the pretty pictures are.

Until then, eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.